What is commercial awareness?
- An interest in business and an understanding of the wider environment in which an organisation operates
- An awareness of its customers, competitors, suppliers, products, markets
- Understanding of a company’s business benefits and commercial realities: organisation and customer viewpoint
- Awareness of the need for efficiency, customer care, marketplace knowledge; current economy, major competitors
(Information from the University of Kent. Click here to read more. Accessed 5/2/13)
What can I do?
- RESEARCH company information. Look for: what the company has to say about itself, what others (business journals, competitors) have to say, new stories.
- REMEMBER to look at all angles and get a balanced perspective.