Advanced Search is an alternative to using facets to help you build more complex searches if an initial search brings back too many results.
- Click on Advanced search, found to the right of your search box near the top of your results page.
- If you have already entered your search terms they will remain in the new search box; if you have not, add your search terms.
- Use the with menu to select a function to search with, such as Author, Location (Kimberlin, Law Library etc.), Collection (Main, Video, Electronic Resource, Theses etc.) or Subject.
- Add a term to use with this function. So for an author, choose an author surname.
- You can use connectors AND, OR or NOT to apply to these parameters.
- Click + to add another line. Your main search box is automatically updated when new data is added, so just click Search when you have finished adding lines.
Note: clicking More search options from the front page of the Library Catalogue currently brings up the old version of the Advanced Search function, though the search options are the same.