To access DMU Resource List, click on this link and login with your Single Sign On.
This page shows you how to get started by creating an account and installing the bookmarklet applet on your browser. Check the other tabs for instructions on how to create, edit and populate your lists.
You can also print the quick guide below which is a step by step guide on how to use DMU Resource Lists
The first time you login, you need to create a profile. Select 'Create a profile' from the brown menu bar at the top of the screen:
Fill in the form. Note that select the option to keep your profile private if you prefer.
- Ensure your favourites or bookmarks bar is showing. This process will vary slightly depending on your browser.
- Login to the system.
- Click on on the top left of the screen
- Click on on the top right of the screen. You are not installing any software but rather adding a button to your favourites bar.
- A pop up box should appear, follow the instructions on the screen.
- When you see the below window, click and drag the 'Add to My Bookmarks' button onto your favourites bar.
- For more detailed instructions, see the guide below.
Watch the video below for an example of adding the bookmarklet button using Chrome. The process will be very similar for all browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox etc), although the process of making your favourites bar visible may differ slightly.
Once you have an account and you have installed your bookmarklet tool, you can proceed in one of two ways:
- You can create a list first and then start bookmarking items (books, journals, videos...) to add directly to your list. To ensure that students easily find their list, a list name should be the module code followed by the module title e.g. CODE1234 Test reading list
- You can start bookmarking items first without adding them to a list. You can then create a list afterwards and populate it with items that you have already bookmarked.
To watch the presentation in full screen, start the presentation then hover your mouse towards the bottom of the slide, and click on the icon on the right hand side as shown below:
You may wish to show your new DMU Resource List to your students and explain some of its features. We've created the short DMU Replay video below that you can use for this purpose.